Real Estate Today with Tom Kelly: Dual Agency
Last weekend, Mike Spence was a guest on KIRO Radio’s Tom Kelly’s Real Estate Today weekly radio show. A strong real estate market has given rise to more transactions represented by dual agents. Dual Agency is when a real estate agent represents both the buyer and the seller in the same transaction.
The discussion addressed:
- Can one agent really handle both sides of the deal?
- Do they really represent both buyer and seller equally?
- Does having a dual agent increase or decrease risk?
- If I have a dual agent, can the commission be negotiated?
- What is the most common type of dual agent?
- If buyer broker helps the buyer and seller broker helps the seller, who does the dual agent broker help?
- What are the most comment mistakes made by dual agents?
Contact Mike at email@example.com or (206) 689-2167