Helsell Fetterman’s Statement Against Asian American and Pacific Islander Hate Crimes
Helsell Fetterman stands united against racism, hate, and xenophobia. The impact of COVID-19 and false rhetoric has had an additional disparate effect on the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community, leading to a rise in hate crimes and violence against members of such community by almost 150% nationwide and over 33% in our local community here in Seattle, Washington. We denounce the hate crimes, violence, and climate of discrimination against members of the AAPI community.
To the AAPI community, we see you, we support you, and you are not alone in this struggle against hate, racism, and discrimination. We are united in our commitment to fight these injustices through the support of public safety efforts for the particularly vulnerable members of the AAPI community, the empowerment of the small businesses in our international district particularly impacted by these recent events, and the continued dialogue within our firm and greater community.
Only by speaking up and working together will we be able to end the pandemic of racism in an effort to restore long-term equity and confidence in lasting social change.
If you see something, say something:
- Report Incidents of Bias: (click here)
- File a Civil Rights Complaint: (click here and here)
- King County Hate and Bias Incident Response Survey: (click here)
- Stop AAPI Hate – Incident Report Form: (click here)
If you are looking to help, here are some local organizations you can help support:
- Chinatown-ID Business Improvement Area: (click here)
- Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority: (click here)
- Friends of Little Saigon: (click here)
- Danny Woo Community Garden: (click here)
- Seattle Works: (click here)
- King County Coalition Against Bias and Hate: (click here)