- Be a second year law student* in good standing pursuing a law degree at an ABA-accredited law school; (*third year if pursuing a LL.M.)
- Possess an academic record, leadership abilities, and a commitment to personal and professional initiatives that indicate promise for a successful legal career;
- Demonstrate an interest in furthering diversity within the community and the profession; and
- Communicate an interest and commitment to both the practice areas represented at Helsell Fetterman and to building a practice in the Seattle area.
- Prepare a 1-2 page personal statement on a topic of your choice that allows our firm to fully evaluate your candidacy and ability to enrich the diversity of the legal community.
- Complete the Richard S. White Fellowship application form. (click to open in browser or save)
- Provide a current resume.
- Include a copy of your final undergraduate transcript and current law school transcript, unofficial is acceptable.
- Legal writing sample, up to 10 pages.
- Three professional and/or academic references with contact information.
- Submit application materials
Apply By Mail
Please print and fill out the application below, collect all the documents listed on the above application checklist, and mail your materials to:
Richard S. White Fellowship
1001 Fourth Avenue, Suite 4200
Seattle, WA 98154-1154
Postmarked by July 18, 2019
Email with attachments to email@example.com
Emails must be sent by July 18, 2019