Nick serves as a trusted advisor and legal counsel to family-owned businesses, family offices, entrepreneurs, private investors, business owners and executives. Nick enjoys the depth, complexity and nuance of each client’s business and family, and welcomes the opportunity to provide practical and effective advice and solutions.
Nick regularly advises his clients on a variety of business and personal transactions. The following are examples of such transactions:
- Business Formation and Operation; Major Transactions. Nick assists clients with managing all of the major legal activities that can arise in the formation, governance, ongoing management and growth of a business enterprise. These activities include making initial and follow-on acquisitions, recapitalizations, joint ventures and exit transactions. These activities also include negotiating and preparing a variety of business contracts, including contracts with vendors and other service providers, customers and business partners.
- Private Investments. Nick assists clients in connection with sponsoring, structuring and making a variety of private investments. These investments include private equity and venture capital funds, direct equity and debt investments in start-ups and other private companies, real estate syndications, and other alternative investments.
- Fundraising. Nick assists clients with borrowing, lending and investing money in companies, and raising investment capital for a variety of business purposes, including acquiring entire companies or business assets, growing, recapitalizing or reorganizing businesses, investing in real estate, and general business purposes.
- High-Value Assets. Nick assists clients with the purchase, ownership and sale of high-value personal and real assets. These assets include aircraft and high-value residences.
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Seattle Shakespeare Company, Director, 2018 – Present; Vice President, 2019 – Present
- Super Lawyers, 2019 Washington Rising Star
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, 2016
Admitted to Practice
- New York State Bar, 2009
- Washington State Bar, 2016