Larry Setchell has a general civil law practice with an emphasis on complex litigation. He has extensive experience representing and advising businesses and individuals in products liability, environmental matters, securities, intellectual property, state and federal taxation, and contract matters. He has tried and won many protracted, complex cases. Larry has successfully quarterbacked numerous environmental projects, including helping negotiate permitting, superfund remediation, and waste management/discharge programs for clients in the aluminum and maritime industries.
Larry’s track record in litigation under CERCLA and the Washington MTCA is spotless, having tried and won cases of significant importance. He is especially willing to take on and aggressively handle matters of substantial financial and quality of life importance to his clients. As a result, he has accomplished several multi-million dollar settlements for injured plaintiffs in difficult product liability cases (aviation and automotive crash and defect cases) and obtained judgments and settlements involving more than $170 million in property tax valuation reduction on behalf of industrial clients.
Larry is proud to say that many of his clients are lawyers from other communities and states who find themselves and their clients with legal challenges beyond their experience in product liability, environmental, and other complex problems.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by the Martindale-Hubble Legal Directory
Articles & Publications
- “Mayhem on wheels” (TRIAL, Journal of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, August 2006)
- Foster parent
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar
- Oregon State Bar
- Ninth Circuit, and United States District Court for Eastern and Western Washington
- Admitted pro hac vice in various matters in Alaska, California, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Ohio, Texas and Utah