David joined Helsell Fetterman as an associate after serving as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Linda Lee of the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division II, and working for a local law firm advising closely-held businesses. He practices as a member of the firm’s business and real estate transactions practice groups.
David earned his law degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Seattle University School of Law in 2015. While in law school, he completed a judicial externship with the Honorable Justice Mary Yu of the Washington State Supreme Court, served as an editor on the school’s law review, and served as President of the Asian Pacific Islander Law Student Association. At the end of his time at Seattle University School of Law, David received the school’s Pro Bono Pledge Outstanding Service Award and the Asian Bar Association of Washington’s Yamashita Scholarship.
Outside of work, David enjoys spending time with his wife working on their home, playing and coaching basketball, and experiencing new restaurants.
- Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Board Member
- Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
- Vietnamese Bar Association of Washington
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar, 2016
- Conversational Cantonese
- Seattle Asian Sports Club, Basketball Coach
Content by David Tran
- Update of the State Eviction Moratorium and CARES Act Protections
- Online Remote Notarization Keeps Real Estate Transactions Moving Forward
- Property Tax Deadline Extended in King, Snohomish, and Pierce Counties
- Seattle City Council Recently Passes Flurry of Bills to Protect Residential Tenants
- New Legislation Reducing Liability for Condominium Defects Takes Effect
- Seattle City Council Unanimously Approves Legislation that Allows for Construction of More Mother-in-Law Apartments and Backyard Cottages