Estate Planning and Probate
At Helsell Fetterman we understand how important it is for you to preserve your wealth and to plan for its effective succession to the next generation. We guide you through the pitfalls and challenges you face when planning the succession of your estate and probating an estate after the death of a loved one.
We have long counseled our clients on all issues related to trusts and estates, including advice in the areas of federal and state estate, gift, and generation skipping taxes; the administration of trusts and of decedents’ estates; and planning for the succession of family businesses. We regularly deal with issues particular to community property; investment planning and management; revocable and irrevocable trusts (including those owning insurance products); guardianship matters; charitable split interest trusts; and the transfers of control and ownership of closely held partnerships, corporations and other business entities.
Estate Planning FAQs:
- Qualified Personal Residential Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Dynasty Trusts: Leaving Assets to Children
- Charitable Giving
- Gifting and Leveraged Gifting
- Estate Planning for Married Couple
- Estate Planning for Single Person
- Martial Agreements: Prenuptial and Postnuptial
- Probate in Washington State
- Saving for Education
- Asset Protection Planning
- Estate Planning with Digital Assets