Pauline Smetka has a general trial practice with an emphasis on construction defect litigation as well as personal injury and property damage claims. In more than 24 years in practice, she has tried to a verdict more than 30 cases involving damage claims ranging from a few thousand dollars to a few million dollars—representing individuals and both small and large businesses. In addition, Pauline has resolved hundreds of cases through pre-trial motions, arbitrations and mediations.
- Bar Associations: Washington State, King County, and American Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Co-Founder and Former President, Seattle Infant Development Center
- Chair, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Section on Construction (2005)
- Co-Chair, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers 2005 Annual Update on Construction Law
“Disposition of Options, Retirement and Other Future Benefits” — Complex Property Division, Washington State Bar Association Seminar Handbook 338 (July 1993)
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar (1980)
- U. S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for Western District of Washington
Pauline enjoys gardening, travel, sewing and reading.