Liberty Upton’s practice encompasses estate planning, probate, business succession planning, trust administration, and taxation. She helps families and individuals achieve their estate planning goals by utilizing wills, trusts, healthcare & financial durable powers of attorney, and advanced directives. By understanding who and what is important to her clients, she can customize and create a comprehensive estate plan.
Liberty also works with business owners and assists them with issues of business formation, risk management, and business succession planning.
Liberty earned her law degree from Seattle University School of Law and her Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. During law school, Liberty was a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge David Armstrong for the Washington Court of Appeals Division II, and participated in the Ronald A. Peterson Trusts and Estates Clinic.
Prior to attending law school, Liberty worked at Columbia Bank as a financial analyst underwriting loans to high net worth individuals and businesses.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (Masters of Laws in Taxation, 2014)
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2013, cum laude)
- Willamette University (B.A., Economics, 2007)
- Washington First Responder Will Clinic
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar, 2013