Dan Findley regularly provides general business counsel to closely held and family-owned businesses during all phases of the life cycle of a business – new business start-up, growth & expansion, maturity and exit/succession planning. Typical matters include contracts & licenses, leases, intellectual property protection, corporate governance and taxation issues.
Dan has helped clients close hundreds of business and real estate acquisitions and sales. Transactions include asset or stock purchases/sales of closely held and family-owned corporations, ranging from retail businesses, apartment complexes, agricultural land, industrial and manufacturing facilities, medical, veterinary and other professional practices.
Dan also enjoys assisting clients with estate, trust and tax matters, whether through advance planning or after the passing of a loved one. This often includes special planning for international clients.
Professional and Community Activities
- King County Bar Association
- KCBA Business Law Section
- KCBA Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Bellevue Rotary Club
- East King County Estate Planning Council
- Seattle Estate Planning Council
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D. 1997
- University of Akron, Masters of Taxation, 1997
- Assistant Editor, Akron Law Review and Akron Tax Journal
- Ashland University, B.S., Finance, 1993
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Federal District Court
- U.S. Tax Court